I sent for a jar of craft goodies from ebay last week, mainly for the jar and also because it had some scrabble tiles in it. Today I tipped it out onto the table and tried to think what I could make from it all.
The little box was easy I glued tape round the sides, put ricrac braid ( is that what you call it? my spell checker doesn't like it) over the braid to soften it, made a flower from layers of loose petals, put the green precut flowers in the centre and glued the big glass stone to them.
There were some pieces that I thought would make a good card. The heart and butterfly pegs had been covered with fabric so I glued a similar fabric onto the & sign. I tinted it with tea to get a similar background.
Lavender Bag Buddy
Small amounts of fabric
Iron on vilene(optional)
Allow a 1/4 inch (0.5cm) seam allowance throughout
Cut a back,a front and two head pieces from fabric
- click here to download the pattern
iron interfacing onto the wrong side of the front before cutting out the circle
Stitch round the circle using a close zigzag stitch to stop fraying
- Pin 4 - 6 layers of net behind the circle
- Buttonhole stitch round the circle fixing the net in place as you do so
- Pin front and back together, right sides facing
- Sew round body leaving neck open for filling
- Turn body right side out
- Lay one head piece right side up
- Fold braid in half and place, loop downwards down centre of head so that ends are a little over the top edge
- Place other head piece right side down onto these
- Pin the layers together and then machine round them leaving neck edge open for filling
- Turn head right side out
- Fill arms and legs with toy filling
- Put a thin layer of toy filling across the back and then fill the front with lavender
- Add a little more filling and ladder stitch body seam closed
- Fill head with toy filling keeping it fairly flat
- Ladder stitch head seam closed
- Tilt head backwards and sew body to head about 1/2 inch(1cm) up from the bottom of head seam to make a chin
- Sew on button eyes and embroider smile
I made a box and a card and a lavender bag buddy.
I still have loads of bits left over. Any ideas?